I will talk a bit about the Digital Marketing
I decided to make this article for those who are starting out in the world of online marketing and i will review what digital marketing is, what its benefits are and the main strategies.
The concept of digital marketing emerged in the mid-nineties, with the emergence of the first electronic stores (Amazon, Dell others). The Social Media Marketing, also called Marketing in Social Networks, is part of the Digital Marketing although it is a concept that emerged several years later.
Digital Marketing, also known as Online Marketing, is a complement to traditional marketing.
Digital Marketing is the application of new media, channels and new technologies such as the Internet and social networks to marketing strategies already existing and to the creation of new, more powerful ones.
All the techniques of the offline world are imitated and translated into a new world, the online world. In the digital domain, new tools appear, such as immediacy, new networks that emerge every day, and the possibility of real measurements of each of the strategies used.
Digital Marketing has brought many improvements and advantages for marketing campaigns:
- It allows us to customize and incredibly segment our target audience or buyer person to make our investment much more profitable.
- Reach a much wider audience at a lower cost and build loyalty.
- Increase the customer loyalty capacity thanks to the greater knowledge of our buyer person.
- Greater control and measurement of our campaigns and results obtained with them, and thus calculate return on investment (ROI).
Online Marketing techniques that we can find:
Within online marketing we can find different aspects. All of them are complementary and share the ultimate goal of maximizing and maximizing the investment made.
Marketing techniques must then change its paradigm. If before the distributors, the media, and the producers were those who had the power of opinion, now the focus must change the user. He is able to search for what he wants thanks to the power of search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.), and not only ask the media if his decision is correct, he also has the possibility to read reviews, comments and scores of other users.
The different techniques of online marketing are:
- Web: The main pillar of any online business and, therefore, of any digital marketing strategy.
- Blog: Another of the main pillars that you must take into account if you want to attract thousands and thousands of clients to your website.
- SEO (search engine positioning): The best strategy in digital marketing to achieve organic visibility of your website in different search engines and that lasts over time.
- SEM (search engine advertising): This is the advertising we can do in different search engines such as Google (Google AdWords), Bing (Bing Ads), etc.
- Social Networks: Social networking strategies are fundamental, and increasingly important, to create a community around your brand.
- Advertising in Social Networks: This is the advertising we can make through Social Networks: Facebook Ads, Twitter ads, etc.
- Email Marketing: This strategy is the sending of commercial emails, but made through email.
- E-commerce: Basically it is the purchase and sale of products and services through the internet.
- Inbound Marketing or Content Marketing: This well-applied digital marketing strategy will help you get thousands of potential customers to your website organically (find out below the strategies that I show you in the articles and apply them!).
- Mobile Marketing: These are online marketing strategies applied to mobile devices.
- Web analytics: The most important if you want to maximize the ivnersión made in all your digital strategies: measure, measure and re-measure.
Main strategies of Digital Marketing
The website is the fundamental pillar of digital marketing since it is the place where the company offers and sells its products and services. It is very important to have a professional website to generate enough confidence for potential customers to be encouraged to have a business relationship with the company.
The website should be easy to navigate and have elements that facilitate the conversion of visitors, that is to say that the objective of the same is fulfilled.
To know more you can visit the article in this blog: Complete guide from scratch to create a website or blog.
The business blog
All companies should have a blog because it allows attracting the audience of interest to the organization through useful articles. The blog is the center of the content marketing strategy and allows companies to create fresh content that has a better positioning in search engines.
To learn more about the content marketing strategy you can visit the article in this blog: Content Marketing Guide (Content Marketing): What it is, benefits and success stories.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The positioning in search engines, also called SEO (Search Engine Optimization), aims that when someone searches in Google or another search engine for a product or service sold by the company, the website will be in the first search results. SEO is one of the digital marketing strategies that most traffic to the website.
To learn more about the SEO strategy you can visit the article in this blog: Talking about Search Engine Positioning (SEO) in the Business.
It is necessary that companies have a professional presence in the main social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Snapchat, etc.) whose main objective is not the sale of products and services, but to create a community of users with an emotional link with the brand. The goal of social networks for brands will be: turn strangers into friends, friends into customers and customers into brand evangelisers.
To know more about Marketing in Social Networks you can visit the category of articles in this blog.
Advertising in search engines (Adwords) and social networks (Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, etc.) have become an excellent option for companies to reach their audience. Of all the digital marketing strategies, this is the only one that allows you to achieve results immediately.
The use of email as a marketing strategy is usually very effective, as long as it is always done with the authorization of the person who receives the emails. This strategy is especially useful for electronic stores as it allows to bring potential customers to the website.
The creation of a bulletin of added value to the audience works very well for the user to open and read the emails of the brand.
To learn more about email marketing you can visit the article: Complete guide to email marketing from scratch.
Other Digital Marketing strategies
Other strategies that can be used in digital marketing are:
- Affiliate Marketing: is the payment for referrals to other websites.
- Influencer marketing: the use of influencers to increase the reach of the brand.